Tuesday, November 01, 2005

"My future ended some time ago."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9883793/

This is a particularily horrifying story for myself to read. Because like that poor teen I myself suffer from Asperger's Syndrome. No, obviously I'm not exploiting this case, neither am I seeking sympathy at all. (Not my style.)

It is no surprise something like this would happen, however. I'm lucky I never stooped to such a thing, and I dunno if I even would've.

I've been lucky so far. I managed to get accepted last spring for SSD payments. I lament that I needed this, and that I could never hold a permanent job that most people aspire for and get. It's still a huge frustration for me, however. Then again, seeing how so-called 'normal' people act maybe it's just as well I'm beyond the pale. I think just knowing what it was that caused such adversity in my life was enough...