Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nazi EMO?!!!

I thought I heard everything but just now I was looking at Uprise Direct (http://uprisedirect.blogspot.com/), which is usually a "rock against Communism" site, and saw something about an emo act by the name of Lundsson(!)

http://uprisedirect.blogspot.com/2009/07/lundsson-xenophobe-paranoid.html

I mean they think of everything. I mean it seems to me nazi boneheads like to beat up on EMO kids (as they seem to mostly attack their own white people, not to mention lately each other.) I never thought they'd try to convert EMO kids. I guess you learn something new every day...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways I should be getting the new 7" by the Undead soon -- I know I've castigated Bobby Steele in the past but having confronted him over the net recently we actually became friends(!) (Well that does happen!) I'm not saying I'm turning to the Right completely, but then to be honest I was never completely Left to begin with. Anyways I'll say more when I get the new record in the mail.

I did get a new vinyl reissue of the Wipers' Youth of America album. It still totally blows any of that new school pop-punk out of the water. Of course to this day the Wipers are still unsung -- not coming from a large city like New York or wearing the punk fashion, with songs about personal situations that aren't always happy -- songs about contemplating suicide and such. Punk rock's best kept secret, in other words...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HI LJP - yup!
you are right - the wipers youth of america has long been a fave of mine - I have another album by them and it pales into insignificance against YOA - I met one of the bassists a very long time ago under completely odd AND VERY STRANGE coincidental circumstances- but thats for another time - anyway - hats off to you for recognizing talent.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HI LJP - yup!
you are right - the wipers youth of america has long been a fave of mine - I have another album by them and it pales into insignificance against YOA - I met one of the bassists a very long time ago under completely odd AND VERY STRANGE coincidental circumstances- but thats for another time - anyway - hats off to you for recognizing talent.
But Nazis-JUST DON'T GO THERE....greg sage isn't one of them is he? please say not!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home